Sketch supports a several file formats for importing. You can simply drag and drop files onto the Sketch icon in the dock, or directly into an open document.
Supported File Formats:
- JPG: A commonly used format for photos but it does not support transparency.
- PNG: If your drawing contains transparent pixels this will be the best choice.
- TIFF: Supports transparency but its file size is bigger.
- SVG: Sketch supports importing SVG files, but note that the coverage may not be 100%, as SVG has some concepts that Sketch does not support
- PDF and EPS: Sketch supports importing PDF and EPS files, but as with SVG files, it has some concepts that Sketch does not support and so they won’t be displayed.
If you have an EPS, PDF or SVG file that we Sketch does not import correctly, please contact support and we will try to get it to work properly for the next update.
The list below covers file formats commonly used for graphic design, but not currently supported in Sketch.
- PSD: Sketch can only import .PSD files as flattened bitmaps.
- AI: Sketch can only import .AI files as flattened bitmaps.